Water is in high demand in California, now more than ever. This year’s drought is incredibly severe, prompting government agencies, businesses, and private citizens to seek out ways to do their part to conserve water at all times.
How are you striving to improve California’s water situation?
Little changes, like turning the tap off when you’re brushing your teeth, and using public pools instead of filling up your own, make a huge difference when they’re multiplied by nearly 38,000,000 people. Get together with friends and family and make a promise to each other to conserve water as much as possible. The prosperity of California depends on it!
The CA Environmental Protection Agency State Water Resources Control Board has imposed new emergency water conservation regulations.
5 Ways of Using Water are Now Prohibited:
- washing sideways and driveways with potable water
- allowing runoff when irrigating with potable water
- using hoses without shutoff nozzles to wash cars
- using potable water in decorations that don’t re-circulate it
- irrigating outdoors within 48 hours after measurable rainfall
These regulations apply to everyone—businesses and private citizens.
Restaurants and hotels also have these additional regulations:
- Restaurants may not serve guests water unless it’s specifically requested.
- Hotels and motels must prominently give guests the option to turn down having linens and towels laundered each day.
- Restaurants may choose to display information about water conservation. The CA EPA has resources available for these restaurant displays here.
What happens if people violate these regulations?
For each day the violation incurs, there will be a fine of up to $500. Police officers and employees of a public agency may issue citations.
There are requirements for water suppliers as well, which can be found here.
These regulations began to be enforced on March 27, 2015, will be in effect for 270 days, unless the deadline is extended by the State Water Board.
As a result of these new regulations, it’s more important than ever to have leaks fixed immediately. Whether you suspect a leak in your home or business property, call USA Plumbing Service right away. We use the most modern technology to detect leaks, so you can rest assured that even if you have a tiny leak, we will find it. We have emergency service available 24/7 because we know that wasting water is absolutely inadmissible during a drought. Plus you definitely don’t want to risk receiving an enormous water bill at the end of the month, for water that you didn’t even use. We’ll have the leak detected and fixed within 24 hours, often in much less time.
Don’t wait another minute—call USA Plumbing Service anytime you suspect a leak anywhere in your home or business property. Our phone number is 909-623-0033, and we’re available to serve you 24/7.